- User Since
- Jul 17 2017, 4:00 PM (96 w, 2 d)
Apr 7 2019
Moving from private email to
[Moving from private email]
Mar 20 2019
Pinged Debian bug…
Mar 6 2019
Feb 26 2019
Sure thing; resolving.
Pinged Debian bug...
Merged upstream, we'll just have to wait for a release but there is no "next step" for now, so marking as "resolved".
Going to unassign myself for the time being. :)
gnucash is now back in Buster and thus PureOS; closing :)
and am working on packaging it for PureOS.
I'm going to unassign myself here; concentrating on Reproducible Builds. :)
Feb 24 2019
Feb 22 2019
Feb 17 2019
(Oh, I want that too but the page you linked is a high-level and textual status tracking document.)
I now put my own status-tracking document into the repository
Feb 13 2019
The ROM/files/etc might be but that would not completely explain why we can't at least have a solution matrix here. :)
Feb 12 2019
makes sense to do at least some basic testing before throwing out an image
Feb 11 2019
I really don't get why this can't be resolved publically. For everybody that reports this issue here I would guess there are at least 10 others who are just bad-mouthing the device without us even knowing. Please can we have a solution matrix?
Ah, right… Well, see.. this is why I would looove a wiki page (or whatever overview) with a grid of the status, next steps and ticket number for each combination. Is this something @mladen.pejakovic could put together?
@kyle.rankin Alas, I feel you are unwary victim of the multitude of confusion and lack of clarity around this issue and the misleading tickets. A firmware update is definitely required for at least (!) LibremV3 with the UK physical layout - the key simply cannot be remapped in software as it is not generating the keycode/scancode whatsoever. ie. it is not a question of selecting the right layout in Gnome or similar - the key cannot work in Grub/the bios/boot, etc.
I can't recall why but it was asked that I kept the details off the public bugtracker at the time but I certainly remember that it did not need any special hardware. I'll leave this to the others cc'd above as they handled it last time, but I guess this is still evidence and underlines my previous pleas for a proper grid outlining the issue and solution for all Librem 13/Librem15 vs v3/v4 vs de/us/uk, etc.
So, um, the Librem13v3 w/DE keyboards need a firmware fix too? eg. https://tracker.pureos.net/T439#7821
Also included in
Gentle ping on this?
@mak Ping on this?
Feb 7 2019
Refiled PR here:
Feb 3 2019
@mak ISTR some update here in a different forum; can you briefly update this ticket on your plans/timeline? No rush on the action itself, but I just cannot recall the current status / hat / next steps
Feb 2 2019
How far away do you think we are with this? I'm sure it would be a total boon for implicit communications within the PureOS team, @jeremiah.foster :)
Jan 30 2019
in a binary .deb package you don't want your source control tool cruft left inside
package without .git and with debian/
ps. Worth learning git-gbp as, well, "most" of Debian uses it these days so you'll bump into it whether you like it not. :)
Jan 29 2019
@mak Can you have a look?
Thanks. What you need to do next is:
Jan 28 2019
Hey @hasolo, sorry for the delay in replying. Can you let me know exactly which version of systemd you are using? You can do this with:
Jan 23 2019
Merged upstream and fixed locally in:
Jan 22 2019
it's the value that we used for the other entries that were already in the file
the value on the right side is supposed to be a key name. Shouldn't this be something like KEYBOARD_KEY_56=backslash instead
See also https://dev.getsol.us/T6371
Jan 21 2019
Upstream PR filed here:
@kyle.rankin Thanks for filing this. Should this also go upstream?
Very happy to take this. Indeed good call -- can you create a new, Librem 13v4-specific ticket for this and assign it to yours truly?
Jan 19 2019
Ah, getcha. In that case, I suggest you checkout pristine-tar and the whole gbp-buildpackage flow in general. That will mean you have both worlds with no compromise. :)
Jan 18 2019
Hey @jeremiah.foster I don't see your other branches, or I don't understand where your debian/ directory is..? :)
Jan 14 2019
Dec 25 2018
Dec 24 2018
I'm going to go ahead and wontfix this as most of the changes are not appropriate to Debian and should be handled another way anyway, not via a "config package".
@kyle.rankin Okaley, so what's the next step here? This should have hit PureOS by now :)
Pinged upstream bug: https://gitlab.com/lamby/osinfo-db/merge_requests/1#note_127118132
Pinged Debian bug...
Dec 21 2018
This weather is far more of for smokey bourbon...
ACCEPTED in Debian.
Accepted in Debian. (Grr at your insistence of License-Grant! j/k)
Dec 18 2018
Dec 10 2018
As of this comment, we are at 84.5%. However:
Dec 6 2018
Followed up in: https://bugs.debian.org/906609#90
Sure thing. Guilhem's Librem Key has arrived and is playing with it. :)
Nov 26 2018
Indeed https://gist.githubusercontent.com/lamby/e45c7a221defe75db026ee529d00c789/raw no longer cleanly applies, will need to redo...
Nov 25 2018
and, as luck has it, we have movement there:
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1005629/accepted-cryptsetup-2205-2-source-amd64-all-into-unstable/ was just uploaded to Debian, closing https://bugs.debian.org/888916 and https://bugs.debian.org/903163
Nov 23 2018
ACK and I even looked at this ticket yesterday - we are still semi-blocking on the cryptroot and other refactorings in the Debian stuff but after that we will be able to merge this quickly. :)
Nov 22 2018
@kyle.rankin Thanks for adding me to this ticket and apologies that it took longer than anticipated to get around to replying; I not only had to read the extended discussion here, I also had to do some research in order to work out what the situation is.
Nov 21 2018
(Of course will keep this open; was just following-up here)
Pinged Debian bug...
FYI discussion and work on this is mostly happening on https://bugs.debian.org/903163
Nov 19 2018
This was uploaded a while ago and is now in Debian, so closing.. (no further obvious action here...)
Nov 9 2018
Nov 7 2018
Hi, any update for this? It's been many months and I would still dearly love this feature.
Oct 2 2018
https://bugs.debian.org/906609#30 segfault should be fixed...
Oct 1 2018
I'm going to go ahead and make the executive decision of un-assigning myself from this ticket - feel free to assign back if there is a "Next Action" for me of course, but I do not have an obvious step to proceed.