→ → OEM installation
Post-install procedure for oem-based installation
NOTE: This guide assumes first start after OEM prepared installation.
- First thing you will see after starting your computer prepared with OEM installation disk is the language dialog. Select your language and press Continue:
- Select your location:
Click other if your country is not on the list and then select your continent:
- ...and country:
- Configure locales:
- Select your keyboard layout:
- Choose hostname for your system (just press ENTER if you are okay with librem):
- Enter your full name:
- ...and your account name (usually the installer will suggest it automatically):
- And then enter desired password for your user (DO NOT FORGET IT!):
- If you have selected a country that spans multiple timezones, installer will ask you at this point to select your timezone:
- In the end, enter your disk encryption password:
IMPORTANT: Do not press the Go back button at this step, as you will not be able to continue setting up the password and thus unable to finish the installation! You will have to force-shutdown your computer and re-install PureOS either using oem ISO image or using live ISO image with Calamares installer in other to have a usable system on your computer!
You can have a look at our guide on how to choose a good password.
WARNING: If you forget this password you won't be able to boot and access your data! You will have to re-install PureOS either using oem ISO image or using live ISO image with Calamares installer in other to have a usable system on your computer!