→ → OEM installation
Post-install procedure for OEM installation
A PureOS OEM image is the same image we use when we install PureOS on the Librem laptops at our facility. You can find OEM images for installation here: https://downloads.puri.sm/oem/
NOTE: This guide assumes first start after OEM prepared installation.
- First screen will let you configure language. Press the menu button to search for other languages and press Next when finished:
- Select the keyboard layout (Press the menu button to search for more layouts):
- Connect to a wifi network (optional, you can Skip this step):
- Turn on location services (optional, you can Skip this step):
- Select your timezone:
- Assign a name to your device:
- Set up your disk encryption password:
WARNING: Choose your password so that you can reproduce it only with us-international keyboard layout! You won't be able to type non-latin alphabet in the password prompt when you start your laptop.
- Enter your full name and a username for your account:
WARNING: Username must be small caps, else the setup will fail!
- Set up your account password:
- That's it!
- When you click the Start Using PureOS button you will be logged out. On your login screen you can type in your account password you set-up in step 9 to log in to your desktop, but it is recommended to restart your device first.
NOTE: You can have a look at our guide on how to choose a good password.