→ → OEM installation
A PureOS OEM image is the same image we use when we install PureOS on the Librem laptops at our facility. You can find OEM images for installation here: https://downloads.puri.sm/oem/
The first step is to compare the hash sums of the download to ensure you've got an uncorrupted download.
- Post-install procedure for oem-based installation** ---
- First screen will let you configure language. Press the menu button to search for other languages and press Next when finished:
- Select the keyboard layout (Press the menu button to search for more layouts):
- Connect to a wifi network (optional, you can Skip this step):
- Turn on location services (optional, you can Skip this step):
- Select your timezone:
- Assign a name to your device:
- Set up your disk encryption password:
- Enter your full name and a username for your account:
- Set up your account password:
- That's it!
When you click the Start Using PureOS button you will be logged out. On your login screen you can type in your account password you set-up in step 9 to log in to your desktop, but it is recommended to restart your device first.