→ → OEM installation
Post-install procedure for oem-based installation
NOTE: This guide assumes first start after OEM prepared installation.
- First thing you will see after starting your computer prepared with OEM installation disk is the language dialog. Select your language and press Continue:
- Select your location: click other if your country is not on the list and then select your continent:
- ...and country:
- Configure locales:
- Select your keyboard layout:
- Choose name for your installation (just press ENTER if you are okay with librem):
- Enter your full name:
- ...and your account name (usually the installer will suggest it automatically):
- And then enter desired password for your user (DO NOT FORGET IT!):
- In the end, enter your disk encryption password:
IMPORTANT: Do not press the Go back button at this step, as you will not be able to continue setting up the password and thus unable to finish the installation! You will have to manually install from the start if you do.
You can have a look at our guide on how to choose a good password.
WARNING: If you forget this password you won't be able to boot.