Testing stable 4.7 vs grsec 4.8, I have noticed the mouse click events are ignored under certain circumstances with 4.7, but those same circumstances to not cause the mouse click events to be ignored in 4.8-grsec
This ticket is only for reference that mouse click events under certain multimedia programs that utilize the sound card may ignore mouse click events under 4.7 while work fine under 4.8-grsec.
The kernels in question are:
todd@librem-13:~/Documents/Talent-Show-2017$ cd todd@librem-13:~$ dpkg -l *linux-image-4.* | grep ii ii linux-image-4.7.0-1-amd64 4.7.4-2 amd64 Linux 4.7 for 64-bit PCs (signed) ii linux-image-4.8.0-2-grsec-amd64 4.8.15-2+grsec201701031913+1.1pureos1 amd64 Linux 4.8 for 64-bit PCs, Grsecurity protection todd@librem-13:~$
- Either open VLC or Mixxx
- Play music
- After < 10 minutes or so, sometimes
- mouse click events are ignored
- NOTE: Mouse movement still occurs, and mouse click events are still handled ONLY to close the window (Wayland) but not anything inside any window.
Resolution in 4.7:
- Window close VLC or Mixxx
Reproduction in 4.8:
- Do the same as 4.7 above, but notice there is no mouse click event ignored
Resolution in 4.8:
- None required, it works.