This is a tracking bug for feedback on the 2020-07-22 PureOS 9 (Amber) image rebuilds.
these images contain all bugfixes from the last months, which includes a new kernel, as well as more invasive changes on the installer and a critical bugfix to gnome-initial-setup to disallow uppercase letters in usernames.
Things to look for in testing, as always:
* Does the image boot cleanly?
* Does the Live installer work?
* Does the OEM installer work?
* Does the OEM initial setup work as expected?
* Does the respective desktop function as expected?
* Any noticeable bugs/regressions?
In addition for this image, please look out for:
* Any issue with the installation process?
* Can you get the OEM initial setup to accept an invalid username? (uppercase letters, etc.?)
You can find the images for the respective flavors here:
GNOME Live: https://downloads.pureos.net/amber/live/gnome/2020-07-22/
GNOME OEM: https://downloads.pureos.net/amber/oem/gnome/2020-07-22/
Plasma Live: https://downloads.pureos.net/amber/live/plasma/2020-07-22/
Please add feedback as reply to this task.